Well done for last Thursday. This Thursday 10th is the Awards Evening.
- Our first set is at 5pm outside the Boatman Centre.
- Please arrive at 4.30pm to set up.
- Rhythm section setting up after school.
- Dress is all black.
- The usual arrangement for people receiving awards as well is to wear black, instead of school uniform.
- There will be food between the two sets!
- The last set will finish by 7.30pm.
Arrangements for Open Evening. Thursday 3rd October 2019.
This year JB are playing before the headteacher’s speeches in Saffron Hall, where CB have played in the past.
- 17.15 – Set up band in Saffron Hall
- 17.45 – Play first set
- 18.00 – Headteacher’s speech. Band disperse quickly.
- 19.00 – Set up for second set.
- 19.15 – Play second set.
- 19.30 – Headteacher’s speech. Band disperse but no time to pack away – headteacher’s speech begins immediately.
- 19.45 – Sixth formers and rhythm section remain to pack away.
- Tours of the school close now.
- 20.00 – End of the evening.
- 20.15 – Everyone off site.
Well done for Wednesday! Have an afternoon off tomorrow (Monday 18th), ready for some new repertoire next week.
Dear all. I hope you are enjoying your half term. Unfortunately this Monday’s rehearsal (25 Feb) is cancelled (except for the small band I have asked to play at the Music Festival).
The following rehearsals (4 March and 11 March) are on as normal to prepare for the concert on 13 March. See you soon!
Dear Jazz Band musician
I am sorry but the rehearsal this coming Monday 4th February is unfortunately cancelled. Thank you for your hard work this term. The rehearsal next Monday 18th is as planned ready for the concert on 13th March.
Thank you for all your hard work this term. The concert performance on Monday was excellent. It’s going to be a Rhythm sectional this coming Monday 19th November, so horns rest up and see you the week after as usual!
A quick update on the Fete de la Musique on Sunday 24th June.
We will be playing 3pm – 3.40pm at the Castle.
More details to follow.